Want to find the names and addresses of your State Senators and Representatives? Click here for names and addresses.
Write a Letter to your State Legislators!
Here are some key things to keep in mind for your letter:
- Tell your story. The best way to make people care about this issue is to share your story—as a parent or grandparent, as a gun owner, as someone who has been personally affected by gun violence, etc. By talking about why this is important to you, you’ll be able to show that action needs to be taken.
- Make sure your letter is polite and respectful. This is about developing a good relationship with each of your Legislators.
- Make a copy for each of your Legislators. We want this to feel as personal as possible.
- Mail it to your Legislators either at the statehouse or at their homes. Click here for the addresses.
- Please e-mail us to let us know when you mail them. This way we can keep track and add them to our tally!
- Here is a sample letter that you can use as a model for your own. The more personal you can make it, the more effective it will be.